EHC Scholarships for 2023-2024
Author: Eastport Health Care, Inc.
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
As a part of its mission, EHC wants to encourage qualified candidates who want to pursue careers in health care to do so. EHC realizes that the costs of college can present an obstacle for otherwise qualified candidates and therefore has established a scholarship program to recognize and support these students. EHC hopes that some, if not all, of these students, upon graduation, will provide services to people in need who live in the EHC Service Area.
Eligibility for an EHC Scholarship
The applicant must:
1. Be a US Citizen
2. Must reside in the EHC service area
3. Must have a HS GPA of 3.0 or higher or if in college have and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
4. Must be graduating HS seniors
5. All applicants are expected to enroll in a health related major and continue to progress toward graduation in that major while receiving an EHC scholarship
Applications for NEW scholarships must be submitted / postmarked no later than March 15th for support in the next school year. Funds are disbursed in July and new recipients are required to submit a copy of their academic schedule for the Fall Semester. Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 average.
- Full EHC Application
- HS transcript
- Other information as deemed necessary by the Scholarship Selection Committee (Committee)
Requests for CONTINUING scholarship awards are due May 30th and must be accompanied by a transcript of the prior year’s coursework reflecting a 3.0 GPA.
- New Continuation request form
- Transcript that includes most recent Spring Semester.
- The Committee will send Continuing Applications to the current recipients at the mailing address on their most recent New or Continuing application unless otherwise notified by the applicant.
ALL applicants must be enrolled full-time defined as carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter/semester. Some exceptions may be accepted due to hardship on a case by case basis.
Date of Awards
- New scholarships will be selected on or before April 30th for announcement at respective High School Graduations in May
- Continuing scholarships will be awarded on or before June 30th
- No award may exceed four years
For more information or to apply, please see the document linked below.